Submissions for Reliquiae Volume Six, and the 2018 edition of the digital Supplement are open from April 1st to April 30th, 2018. We are looking for poetry, prose and translations.
All submissions should be sent by email to reliquiaejournal[at]gmail.com.
Subject Matter and Style
1. Please familiarise yourself with the journal, by either buying a copy, or downloading the free Supplement.
2. In order to be considered, the focus of your work must be the natural world.
3. We are looking for original voices and new perspectives.
4. We are not interested in writing that is either witty, confessional, or solipsistic. We tend to prefer the visionary, folkloric and esoteric.
5. We do not accept work that has been previously published in print or online (this includes any work uploaded to blogs, social media, etc.)
6. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
7. By submitting, your work will be considered for both the print and digital editions.
8. We will endeavour to respond to all submissions by the end of May 2018.
9. As we are self-financed, our budget is small. However, we believe in financially supporting the work of contemporary writers. Therefore all who are published in the print edition of the journal will receive a small honorarium.
10. Please also include with your submission a cover letter, detailing:
a) your name contact information
b) the titles of your poem(s)
c) a list of previous publications (if any)
d) a brief bio (max. 50 words)
Please submit a maximum of five poems as a single Word (.doc) or PDF document.
Please submit fiction or non-fiction with a maximum length of 5,000 words.
1. Please submit English translations of Non-English works.
2. Follow the above guidelines for either poetry or prose, depending on the type of your submission.
3. Please include the original text in your submission.
4. If the work you are translating is still in copyright in the UK, please obtain permission before submitting. If you are in doubt, check this factsheet.